My life has been consumed with 2 things: weddings and house-sitting.
Life is lovely.
When the mayhem of wedding season is over (THIS WEEK: looking for reception site for a wedding next summer, 1 bridesmaid luncheon, 2 bachelorette parties, 2 weddings, NEXT WEEK: bridal shower) I will start writing again.
Why isn’t there enough time in the day to do everything? Or is there enough time and I just suck at time-management?
Sometimes I’m dramatic about the absolutely terribly horrific tragedies that have occurred in 2012, so I’m taking this post to remind myself how blessed I am. For every not so great thing (ahem I’m looking at you never ending car accident drama) even more amazing things have happened…here’s a list of the top of the top (in no order):
1. Disneyland (x2)
2. Sun-bathing on the beach in February….then again in March, April, May and June
3. Learning how to skateboard. (Am I cool yet?)
4. Being home for 4 weeks and already having 4 Frequent Flyer vouchers 🙂
5. Watching, listening, smelling and feeling desert rain storms (AND lightening and thunder!)
6. Becoming an aunt
7. Awesome/fun road trip with my mother
8. Solo road trip (x2)
9. Bachelorette weekend in Denver
10. Learning pickleball
11. Yelling at the ocean
12. Living with new people….and liking them (Imagine how different it could have been…instead of 8 awesome women it could have been a serial killer, a drug addict and some smelly people)
13. Being able to cuddle with my dog
14. Turning the wrong corner while riding bikes…
15. Swimming in the ocean on a whim (all clothes on)
16. Spring Break 2012 (friends visit to Newport)
17. Eating a Balboa Bar and frozen bananas (while thinking about Arrested Development)
18. Expanding my music obsessions (Ryan Montbleau, The New Limb, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros…I realize I’m a little late to the party, but I’m getting there)
19. Realizing I’m ok not knowing where I’m going
20. Finding a replacement for the ever delicious and always favorite fruit: strawberries. I HATE ALLERGIES, but I love love love peaches, raspberries, blackberries and other summer fruits. 🙂
This year has been great so far and I can’t wait for what else it has in store (weddings galore and I’m sure much more)! I hope your year has been just as wonderful!
Summer or winter I LOVE THE OLYMPICS. I love how your country can come together to cheer on the best. I love when a competitor looks at the scoreboard and discovers he/she WON! The national anthem plays, they cry, I cry. I LOVE IT.
I love learning about the Olympians and how certain ones are media favorites because of their stories. Each person sacrificed so much to be at the games and put in so many hours of training that I don’t mind hearing about them 24/7 for a few weeks.
I love Team USA.
Let the countdown begin.
15 DAYS UNTIL THE OLYMPICS!!!!!